www.thewomenshealthcollective.com (the “Website”) is a website operated by The Women’s Health Collective Pty Ltd (ACN 638 511 770) with its principal place of business at 14 Bramcote Street, Chermside West, Qld 4032 ("we", "us" and "our"). This Privacy Notice outlines how we manage your personal information.
We treat your personal information with integrity and respect. We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the General Data Protection Regulation to protect your personal information.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by uploading an updated version of the Privacy Notice to the Website.
What personal information do we collect?
‘Personal information’ (also known as ‘personal data’) is information that can be used alone or in combination with other information to personally identify an individual. We only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for the operation of our business and the Website and provision of products (the “Products”) and services (the “Services”) from the Website. The kinds of information we may collect include:
From our customers and prospective customers:
· your name, username, physical address, postal address, email address, telephone number;
· information relating to you that you provide to us directly through the Website or indirectly through use of the Website;
· your voice and/or image, if you participate in a recorded webinar or other recorded session as part of the Services;
· your qualifications and practice details, (which may include the practice name, physical address, postal address, email address, website, phone number) if you agree to be listed on our directory;
· information about the Products or Services you have purchased, used or enquired about; and
· your opinion about us, the Website, the Products or the Services.
From our practitioner suppliers:
· your name, practice name, qualifications, physical address, postal address, email address, telephone number;
· your voice and/or image, included as part of a webinar, blog post or podcast you submit to us or participate in;
· your bank account or other invoicing details if you provide them to us for payment of your account; and
· your opinion about us, the Website, the Products or the Services.
If you apply for a job with us:
· your name, physical address, postal address, email address, telephone number; and
· your employment history, qualifications and other information provided to us during the recruitment process, if you apply for a position with us (whether volunteer or paid).
How do we collect your personal information?
Whenever it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect personal information directly from you.
We may collect personal information in ways including:
· through your access to and use of the Website via your browser’s cookies;
· through your access to and interactions on our social media accounts;
· when you create an online account, make an enquiry, complete a purchase of Products or Services or become a practitioner supplier;
· through your participation in feedback surveys or questionnaires; and
· through your communications with us including conversations, letters, emails or other methods of communication.
What happens if we are not able to collect your personal information?
If you decide not to provide us with the personal information described above, the following may happen:
· we may not be able to provide Products or Services to you;
· you may not be able to create an online account;
· we may not be able to provide you with information about the Products or Services; and
· if you are a supplier, we and you may be unable to perform our respective contractual obligations.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. You can turn these off at any time through your own browser settings.
· to keep you signed into your account; and
· to understand how you use our Website.
How and why do we collect, store, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect, store, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
· to administer our relationship with you, communicate with you, provide you with the Products and Services and facilitate payment for the Products and Services;
· to answer your enquiries and provide you with information and updates about the Products and Services;
· to email you with information and special offers on other products and services we think you might like;
· to improve the Services and make beneficial content available to other users of the Services;
· to investigate fraud;
· to assess the performance of the Website and make improvements to it;
· for security and risk management purposes;
· for business planning and quality control;
· to process and respond to any request or complaint made by you;
· to update our records;
· to comply with any applicable law, rule or regulation; and
· to participate in university-conducted research studies (using anonymised aggregated data).
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice to:
· a third party hosting our Products and Services;
· consultants, agents or contractors acting on our behalf;
· parties to whom we have outsourced various functions, including contractors and services providers for the purposes of operating the Website and our business, IT systems administrators, payment processors, insurance brokers, insurers, debt collectors and professional advisors such as lawyers, accountants and business advisors;
· regulatory authorities or government agencies, where required by law;
· subscribers to our Services, (who will only have access to your personal information listed on the member directory and your voice/image if you participate in a recorded session);
· higher education providers, who conduct research applicable to our Products and Services (anonymised aggregated data only); and
· the general public, if you agree to a published testimonial.
If all or part of our business is sold to or merged with a third party, we may transfer any personal information we hold about you to that third party. We may also disclose personal information to prospective purchasers on a confidential basis.
Where we disclose any personal information to a third party, we request that those parties do not use the information for their own purposes and comply with this Privacy Notice.
Do we disclose your personal information outside Australia?
We store your personal information within Australia. Our Website is hosted by a service provider headquartered in the United States. Hosted content may be stored or accessed by our service providers outside of Australia, in jurisdictions that may not have equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
Direct marketing communications
We may send you direct marketing communications consisting of information about the Website, the Products or the Services that we think may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent by email or post in accordance with the Spam Act 2003. We only do this when you consent to being contacted in this way.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by contacting the sender, by using our contact details provided below, or using opt-out facilities provided in an electronic communication (such as an unsubscribe button).
How do we keep your personal information secure?
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We use reasonable technical and organisational security safeguards to protect your personal information against unauthorised access, use, disclosure, loss, modification or destruction. Our staff are required to maintain the confidentiality of the personal information we hold.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We will keep your personal information for the minimum period necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, namely:
· for as long as you are a user or supplier of our Products or Services or maintain an active account;
· for as long as is reasonably necessary for business purposes related to provision of our Products and Services, such as internal financial accounting purposes; and
· for as long as is reasonably necessary for the lawful purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
Once the abovementioned periods have concluded, we will permanently delete, destroy or de-identify your personal information.
Third party links
The Website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any third-party websites. The privacy policies of those websites may differ from this Privacy Notice.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will provide a suitable means for you to access it, such as by emailing or mailing it to you. We will not charge you for making the request or for providing the information to you.
There may be instances where we cannot provide you with access to your personal information. For example, we may need to refuse access where giving access would breach the privacy of another individual or would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for the refusal.
If you believe your personal information is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, you may request that we amend it. We will consider whether the information requires amendment. In some cases, we may not agree that there are grounds for amending your personal information. If that happens, we will add a note to your personal information stating that you disagree with it.
Residents of the European Economic Area - what are your rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal information (explained above under “How can you access and correct your personal information?”)
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete (explained above under “How can you access and correct your personal information?”)
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal information, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
The right to information portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the information we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected]
Call us at: 0478116700
Or write to us at: the address provided above.
How can you make a complaint?
You can make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information by contacting us using the details provided above.
You can report a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at: https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints/.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and have a concern about our practices concerning the processing of your personal information that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority where you reside or in which you work, or in which the alleged infringement occurred, each as applicable.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Students in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Students enroll in the School or a Course within the School, subscribe to a newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available in our School. Students may visit the School anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Students only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Students can refuse to supply personal identification information but doing so may prevent them from engaging in certain School related activities.
How we use collected information
The School may collect and use Students’ personal identification information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
- Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Students as a group use the services and resources provided in our School.
- To send periodic emails
- We may use Student email addresses to send Students information and updates pertaining to their order. Student email addresses may also be used to respond to Student inquiries, questions, or other requests.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Student personal identification information to others.
Third party websites
Student may find advertising or other content in our School that link to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our School. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Student, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms